- 1/4″ or 1/2″ grosgrain ribbon
- a hot-glue gun
- measuring tape
1. Measure the circumference of the lampshade.
2. Decide how big of diamonds you want and divide the circumference by that number
3. Pencil those markers on the top and botton rims of the shade
4. Glue the ribbon to a marker on the top
5. Then, on the bottom rim, move two markers to the right and glue that ribbon to the bottom rim and then trim the end
6. Repeat until you’re back at marker 1.
7. Overlap a new ribbon on marker 1 going the opposite direction and glue down
8. Moving towards the bottom marker (2 to the left), alternate weaving the ribbon under and over the ribbon going the opposite direction so it is secured by the weave.
9. On the bottom rim ( two markers to the left) glue down.
10. Repeat until you’re back at marker 1.
11. Take two pieces of ribbon (same size as the circumference) and glue them around the top and bottom rims to hide any sloppy cuts or glue.